Haiti Mission Trip
Reach Haiti Ministries
Details as we have them so far...
What We'll Be Doing
- There is a local orphanage run by ReachHaiti Ministries in Croix des Bouquets, Haiti. We will be spending time with the children, playing and teaching them about Jesus.
- Some mornings we will support local churches be leading a vacation bible school style program with children from the neighborhoods.
- Each evening, we will be going out into the area to show the Jesus Film, share testimonies, worship and pray with the people of Haiti.
- We will spend a day at the beach relaxing with the children from the orphanage as a reward for the hard work we will be doing in Haiti and a treat for the children.
Trip Cost Information
*We are still working on plane tickets which will be the bulk of the expense.
- All fundraising for this trip will be done through support letters.
- A $100 deposit is due with trip application by December 4.
- **Trip cost is subject to change pending airfare price.
- Trip cost breakdown below.
|Room & Board (9 Nights)||$360|
|1 Day @ Beach||$35|
|Travel Meals on Plane (2)||$20|
|Group Emergency Cash||$39|
What to be prepared for...
- You need to get your passport now! Don't wait!
- Heat! Each student and participant will need to be in shape and prepared for very hot weather day and night.
- Mosquitos! Students will need plenty of bug spray for the week. We hear Avon "Skin-So-Soft" works well.
- Challenges! Your faith will be challenged this week. You will be asked to share your journey with God, pray with people, and to do difficult tasks. Prepare yourself to be stretched!
- There will be no cell phones or internet.
- $100 deposit, trip application, and proof of passport application due March 3.
- Apply for your passport today! Visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html to learn how.
- Check to make sure all your shots are up to date and to see which shots you may still need. Visit http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/haiti.htm
- A photo copy of your passport is due by April 1, 2012.
Trip Meeting Dates
*Bring your Bible, mission book, notebook, and a heart for Haiti to each meeting.
- February 3 (Sunday): 12:30-3:30PM Interest Meeting
- March 3 (Sunday): 12:30-3:30PM **Letter writing party, Bring your 50 Names & Addresses
- April 7 (Sunday): 12:30AM-3:30PM
- May 8 (Wednesday): 5:30-7:30PM
- June 1 (Saturday): 10AM-4PM Writing and Sharing Testimonies
- June 16 (Sunday): 12:30-2:30PM
- July 12 (Friday): 5:30-7:30PM
- July 14-21: Haiti Trip
*All meetings will be held in the Student Ministry Center